I went to a Batman themed dance party last week in this Batwoman costume I made myself. (Oh, I wish you could see the boots!) I didn’t do a mask, because it didn’t work with the glasses which I desperately need to see. 95% of the people I talked to thought I was Batman Beyond. The other 5% was like the one guy in the whole place who didn’t hit on me because he understood who Batwoman is.
Shot half a music video today with Super Happy Funtime. I was a church lady telling everyone why they can’t make fun of Jesus. And there were some AMAZING backup singers. The studio was on the second floor, the lights were hot, and we couldn’t have the fans on during takes so I was melting into a puddle. We got a lot of footage of me fanning myself up my skirt with a cardboard flower. Don’t worry if you can’t tell what the set is supposed to be. Even when you see the whole thing, it doesn’t make sense.
I sang the song about 20 times in a row. Now that I’m all warmed up, I’m gonna go do karaoke, I think.
This is one of the only safe for work moments from my mermaid burlesque act I did over the weekend. More photos here if you dare, but be aware, NSFW. I’ll be performing it a lot in the future.
I was feeling sassy today so I did a quick 30 minute self portrait. A rare glimpse of me without my glasses. This would have taken less time but I started doing it in ArtRage 4 only to have it crash so I redid it in AR3. Also, finally fixed the color calibration issues on my Cintiq. Only took me 3 years. Ugh.
I am happy because I think I mastered this vintage head/neck scarf thing and I look grrrrrrrreat, and because I just got some great news that I never thought I’d hear but I’ve been hoping to hear for years but I’m not gonna share it yet because I don’t want to jinx it.
First attempt at a “land girl” hair scarf. Keeps my hair out of the cheese.
This really is a gratuitous picture of myself, but I’m proud I sort of figured out how to do this.
I get a lot of people saying I look exactly like my drawings. I drew this picture, and then the next day I tried replicating it in a photo, and yep, I pretty much look exactly like my drawings.
Also, to everyone who wanted to use the drawing as a reaction image, I give you my blessing, and thanks for asking.
Grand Rapids artist and friend of the show Anthony Carpenter did a sketch of me in my outer space dress. I am so excited to see myself in his art style.
I always have such a fantastic time at Dr. Sketchy’s. This past weekend I got in a space battle with an astronaut and won the costume contest and drew the model as a car. If you ever have a chance to get to any Dr. Sketchy’s, do it, but especially if you live in West Michigan and can go to the one in Grand Rapids.