Almost showtime! #shfb #burlesque #scifi
First photo shoot as an official member of Super Happy Funtime Burlesque and hell let’s be honest, first professional photo shoot ever. These are my 9 favorites. I’m so glad I have people who enjoy my over the top expressions and silver medal for largest mouth (non-horse division).
Here I am being pretty. The bottom one is my favorite photo of me ever.
Before and after in the makeup chair last night. Then a photo shoot. Here’s a little preview. I can’t wait for the results! Also, this is the corset I made in 6 hours and I think it’s the best one I’ve made so far. (Bottom photo shot by Seth at Epiglotic, hair by Miss Audacious and makeup by Rachel Finan.)
Costume design for some backup dancers for my mermaid act. Paper mache funtimes ahead! (Thanks Miss Audacious for taking a photo of it because I felt sad I left it behind.)
I’m touring this spring with Super Happy Funtime Burlesque! Our big red school bus might be coming to a city near you. Brand new acts, live original music, comedy, striptease, acrobatics and more, with lots of special guests.
- April 5: Dubuque, IA Eronel
- April 6: Eau Claire, WI House of Rock
- April 12: Kalamazoo, MI Bell’s Eccentric Cafe
- April 13: Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme
- April 18: Omaha, NE Waiting Room Lounge
- April 19: Sioux Falls, SD Boonies Bar
- April 20: Fargo, ND Legacy Ballroom (above the Pickled Parrot) wsg/Bad Weather Burlesque!
- April 22: Casper (Mills), WY The Beacon Club
- April 24: Bozeman, MT Zebra Cocktail Lounge
- April 25: Jackson, WY Pink Garter Theatre
- April 26: Colorado Springs, CO The Zodiac Venue Bar wsg/Peaks and Pasties!!
- April 27: Laramie, WY Gryphon Theatre wsg/Laramie Burlesque
- May 17: Three Rivers, MI Riviera Theatre
- May 18: Indianapolis, IN White Rabbit Cabaret wsg/Rocket Doll Revue!!
- May 24: St. Joseph, Michigan Czar’s 505
- May 25: Ann Arbor, MI Blind Pig wsg/Mabel Syrup!!!
Dates and cities are more or less finalized, but we might be adding more cities if we find more people wanting to host us.
Florence of a-Labia is me, which means I’m touring the country this spring, so if you ever wanted to meet me, but could never make it to any of the east/west coast cons I’ve been to, I’ll be all over the midwest with these fabulous people spreading debauchery. (I named my legs “debauchery.”) I’ll try to stuff a few copies of my books in my suitcase if you want signed copies. It’s gonna be a fun time at these shows. I’m so excited! Most of these states I’ve never been to before.
This is one of the only safe for work moments from my mermaid burlesque act I did over the weekend. More photos here if you dare, but be aware, NSFW. I’ll be performing it a lot in the future.
Concept art for my next burlesque act. I’m a mermaid and Lala is gonna be the sea witch. It’s loosely based on my webcomic Darlin’ It’s Betta Down Where It’s Wetta. The sond that goes along with it is the one that made me laugh so hard I barfed.
I’ve actually already designed a mermaid burlesque outfit AND an octomaid costume for the 30 day monster girl challenge, but I kind of half-assed both of those, and it figures that I would be needing both of those. So I had to come up with a more wearable concept for each. A photo of the mermaid dress is here. Tonight I’m making the tentacle skirt.
I always gotta peek at the audience before a show. Tried something a little different with this piece. Painted first, then added lines. Usually I work in the other direction. I think this experiment turned out well!
Cabin in the Woods Burlesque
From Nerdgasm - A Joss Whedon Themed Variety Show, by Illuminaire Entertainment.
Performed and Costumed by me, Poisonne.
I am simultaneously impressed and terrified by this.
DEAR GOD YES
One of the most amazing burlesque getups I’ve ever seen!